28 Oktober 2009
Today is Breast Cancer Awareness
The American Institute for Cancer Research has released ten recommendations to reduce your risk of cancer. Visit AICR for more information on each recommendation below. Click here to view the AICR Diet and Cancer report.
1. Be as lean as possible without becoming underweight.
2. Be physically active for at least 30 minutes every day.
3. Avoid sugary drinks. Limit consumption of energy dense foods (particularly processed foods high in added sugar, or low in fiber, or high in fat).
4. Eat more of a variety of vegetables, fruits, whole grains, and legumes such as beans
5. Limit consumption of red meats (such as beef, pork, and lamb) and avoid processed meats.
6. If consumed at all, limit alcoholic drinks to 2 for men and 1 for women a day.
7. Limit consumption of salty foods and foods processed with salt (sodium).
8. Don't use supplements to protect against cancer
9. It is best for mothers to breastfeed exclusively for up to 6 months and then add other liquids and foods.
1. Eat fruits and vegetables. Strive to eat at least five servings per day.
2. Eat whole-grains and cereals. Whenever possible, choose whole-grain breads and cereals.
3. Eat fewer high fat foods and sweets
4. Be sure to get enough folate. You can get it from asparagus, leafy greens, and eggs
5. Get plenty of calcium. Your body needs at least 1000 mg each day. You can get it from low-fat milk or yogurt, fortified fruit juices, spinach, and kale.
Get Healthy Every1 :)